About Lighthouse of Hope UPC

About us

Our History

Rev. and Mrs. Gilbert English, feeling a burden for the city of Logansport, Indiana, held the first service of the First United Pentecostal Church (later renamed Lighthouse of Hope UPC) in 1967 with just five people in attendance in their home. They later moved services downtown and rented the basement of the Memorial Home for a short time. With help from home missions, they were able to purchase a property at 1216 20th St. There they converted a two car garage into a sanctuary and held services until a new building was constructed at 2000 Erie Avenue, adjacent to the existing property. It was there they were encouraged with a large of souls. Rev. English, due to poor health, resigned the pastorate in April 1980.

 

Rev. Harold Grigsby became the new pastor in June of the same year. Under his ministry, the church had steady growth and began to outgrow the current facility. At this point, it was determined to look for a larger place for the growing church. A nice building was purchased in the summer of 1991, and the church moved location to its present site at 908 East Broadway in downtown Logansport. Rev. Grigsby resigned his position as pastor effective in October 1997. Rev. James M. Henn became the new pastor at that time. Under his direction, the church continued to thrive, promoting various ministries of the church. The church saw numerical growth and many structural improvements made under his pastorate. Rev. Henn resigned his pastorate in April of 2005. At that time, the church chose Rev. Josh Bault as the pastor. He is still currently serving Lighthouse of Hope UPC.

El reverendo y la señora Gilbert English, sintiendo una carga para la ciudad de Logansport, Indiana, celebraron el primer servicio de la Primera Iglesia Pentecostal Unida (más tarde rebautizada como Lighthouse of Hope UPC) en 1967 con solo cinco personas en su hogar. Más tarde trasladaron los servicios al centro y alquilaron el sótano de Memorial Home por un corto tiempo. Con la ayuda de misiones en el hogar, pudieron comprar una propiedad en 1216 20th St. Allí convirtieron un garaje para dos autos en un santuario y mantuvieron los servicios hasta que se construyó un nuevo edificio en 2000 Erie Avenue, adyacente a la propiedad existente. Fue allí donde fueron alentados con una gran cantidad de almas. El Rev. Inglés, debido a problemas de salud, renunció al pastorado en abril de 1980.

 

El reverendo Harold Grigsby se convirtió en el nuevo pastor en junio del mismo año. Bajo su ministerio, la iglesia tuvo un crecimiento constante y comenzó a superar las instalaciones actuales. En este punto, se determinó buscar un lugar más grande para la iglesia en crecimiento. Se compró un bonito edificio en el verano de 1991, y la iglesia trasladó su ubicación a su sitio actual en 908 East Broadway en el centro de Logansport. El reverendo Grigsby renunció a su cargo como pastor efectivo en octubre de 1997. El reverendo James M. Henn se convirtió en el nuevo pastor en ese momento. Bajo su dirección, la iglesia continuó prosperando, promoviendo varios ministerios de la iglesia. La iglesia vio un crecimiento numérico y muchas mejoras estructurales realizadas bajo su pastorado. El reverendo Henn renunció a su pastorado en abril de 2005. En ese momento, la iglesia eligió al reverendo Josh Bault como pastor. Actualmente sigue prestando servicios en Lighthouse of Hope UPC.

  • Black YouTube Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon

Church Information

574-722-2049

Pastor Josh Bault 574-722-5973

lighthouseofhopeupc@gmail.com

Service Schedule

  Sunday                  10:30 AM

  Wednesday              6:30 PM

908 E. Broadway, Logansport, Indiana 46947

©2020 Lighthouse of Hope UPC